Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pretty on the inside?



Before assembling...
     With the idea of using this Valkyrie on a display board, I wanted to make sure that I showed it some extra love.  That meant making sure that the interior was painted.  The exterior of the Valkyrie will be mostly a charcoal black color, and that meant that I needed to brighten up the interior a little.  I selected Bleached Bone as the base color, and I washed it with some Gryphonne Sepia.  I spent a little time detailing the various other components with silver metalics and some simple red and green buttons.  I weathered with some Scorched Earth

     I was able to do some more assembly since this was all painted, but I need to finish the cockpit before I can fully assemble the Valkyrie.  Lots of painting ahead, that's for sure.  With the pending release of Diablo 3, I need to make some progress.  I also picked up some accessories for my display board.  Fun times!

Adepticon 2012 Coverage
     If you were interested in the most in-depth coverage of Adepticon, you could do worse than checking out the Youtube channel of Blue Table Painting.  If you're not familiar with this company, they are a painting service for miniatures of all varieties.  Shawn, the owner of the company, is a pretty positive guy.  He's a little corny at times, sure, but he has a real love for table top war games.  His coverage of Adepticon is fun because it's very much a take-it-as-it-comes tour of Adepticon.

Internet Famous Model
     So I've had a model used on Bell of Lost Souls and my Deff Dread was on Games Workshop's blog and just the other day I stumbled across another model of mine being used.  I stopped by the Independent Characters' Podcast page and noticed my Imperial Vox Caster featured on a banner on the right side of the page.  Apparently they call him Lynyrd, and it's really weird to see your stuff being used like that without knowing about it.  Now I'm not a stick in the mud, and I'm not complaining.  I'm flattered, actually, and I listen to their podcast from time to time, so it's fine by me.  Crazy stuff!

Anyways, here are some more pictures of the Valkyrie's interior:



2 comments:

SG said...

Is this part of your Armies on Parade display?

Unknown said...

Yes indeed!